Saturday, February 07, 2009

Thanks to my sister for reminding me of '88/'89

FACEBOOK...

First of all this website is unreal...you can find EVERYBODY and their mama on this site...no for real, I'm talking about people you shared a seat with on the school bus to elementary school. Osama probably has a page, can somebody check that out please, 'cause this dude has too many connections, gives too many videotaped interviews, plus uses a dialysis machine and nobody can find this guy?!? What did I miss?!?Anyhoo...my sister sends me a Hip Hop Old skool track 'gift', from De La Soul, 'Me, Myself, and I'. That song took me back in the day...man, I started reminiscing all the old skool songs...then I thought of 'Warm It Up Kane' I remember my friends and I back in high school would blast that song on repeat in the fifth floor bathroom. Prince, the security guard would try to catch us but we used to outsmart him by running up to the ninth floor bathroom when one of our lookouts alerted us. We would practice dance moves to that song...when you are 14 you have the energy but not necessary the coordination to do the dance moves they were doing in the videos. A dance like the 'Steve Martin' (You Gots To Chill -EPMD video) was easy compared to the complex dance moves of Kid N Play or Scoop and Scrap Lover (Big Daddy Kane's dancers). Heavy-D's dancers were also nice with the steps (although Trouble T-Roy died as a result of a dance move that had gone bad).

Shout to Miz Sydney...you were way too cute in Kid N Play, '2 Hype' video! Remember...Ole,La,Ole,La,Ay...Rollin, rollin, roll with KidNPlay now...'Rollin With Kid and Play'

No comments: